Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Older Americans Month and "Tiny URLs"

I am a volunteer data entry operator for the McFarland (Wisconsin) Senior Outreach Program.

In my first blog, May 1, 2009, I quoted an article written by our Director, Ingrid Thompson about Older Americans Month and the national theme, "Living Today for a Better Tomorrow."

At the time I wrote the blog, I tried to create a link to the McFarland Area Senior News (where the article appears on page 6) but was unable to do so. Since then - in fact only yesterday - I found that I can create a "Tiny URL" that enables access to the newsletter by a single click. The "Tiny URL" for the May edition of the newsletter is: http://tiny.cc/1enIH

The newsletter in its entirety provides a glimpse, not only into the everyday lives of older adults but more broadly into the life of McFarland, as a community. The newsletter mentions a "Sing Along With 6th Graders" (also on page 6) with a rehearsal scheduled on May 29th and a short program scheduled for June 3rd (after the noon congregate meal).

The screen print below shows how to create a "Tiny URL":

No comments:

Post a Comment